Groundwater level formula (Water Overlay)
Groundwater level is calculated per cell.
- WHunderground = Wsat / WSP
- WLunderground = WHunderground + Hsurface - GBDM
- WLunderground = The groundwater level, relative to datum. Also known as the watertable.
- WHunderground = The height (column) of the saturated zone.
- Wsat = The amount of water in the saturated zone. The height of the water column if the equivalent amount of water was placed on the surface.
- Hsurface = The surface height in the cell, relative to datum.
- GBDM = The GROUND_BOTTOM_DISTANCE_M (effectively available height in the underground model).
- WSP = The WATER_STORAGE_PERCENTAGE of the underground terrain type.
The following topics are related to this formula.
- Underground flow formula
- Underground evaporation formula
- Surface infiltration formula
- Underground infiltration formula
- Surface model
- Evaporation model
- Infiltration model