(Redirected from Client)
This is a general overview of the terms used when working with and referring to the Tygron Platform.
- 3D World
- The central, three dimensional, visualization of the area of a project.
- An activity a Stakeholder can perform to achieve his objective.
- A geographic information system (GIS) for working with maps and geographic information, provided by Esri.
- A client is a computer program that, as part of its operation, relies on sending a request to another computer program, which may or may not be located on another computer. For example, web browsers are clients that connect to web servers and retrieve web pages for display. Email clients retrieve email from mail servers. Online chat uses a variety of clients, which vary depending on the chat protocol being used. Multiplayer video games or online video games may run as a client on each computer. The term "client" may also be applied to computers or devices that run the client software or users that use the client software.
- Esri (Environmental Systems Research Institute) is an international supplier of Geographic Information System (GIS) software, web GIS and geodatabase management applications. The company is headquartered in Redlands, California. See also: http://www.esri.com/
- A (network) host is a computer or other device connected to a computer network. A network host may offer information resources, services, and applications to users or other nodes on the network. A network host is a network node that is assigned a network layer host address. Network hosts that participate in applications that use the client-server model of computing, such as the Tygron Platform, are classified as server or client systems. To be more specific, the host (Admin Interface) in the Tygron Platform is one of the clients connected to the Tygron server.
- Indicator Weights
- The degree to which a stakeholder is concerned about a given theme.
- A theme or subject with a target which stakeholders can work towards.
- Land Transactions
- Name of a group of extra options from actions, consisting of "Buy Land" and "Sell Land".
- Multi User
- Multi User is a mode in the Tygron Platform where two or more users can take actions in the same session at the same time, co-operatively as a team or head-to-head competitively. For this mode at least one client and an admin system are required.
- Single User
- Single User refers to a particular session mode for the Tygron Platform that is designed to be used by a single person, without collaboration or competition with other users.
- A party with concerns or stakes in a given area or project.