A Geo Plugin is a module that can automatically obtain geo-data from a web service and can convert and interpret the data such that it can be used in a Project. One or more Geo Plugins of the same type can be defined in a Project Template. When a Project Template is used to create a new Project, the Geo Plugins that are active are executed. They then obtain the data and convert and interpret it and apply it to the new Project. A Geo Plugin specializes in one type of data and multiple types of data are supported.
A Geo Plugin can be used to import the following types of data:
|Geo Plugin type||Feature type||Effect||Configurations|
|AREA||Vector||Adds Areas.|| Geolink:
|BUILDING||Vector||Adds Buildings that do not belong to the road system.|| Function
|ROAD||Vector||Adds road system only Buildings|| Function
|TERRAIN_HEIGHT||Grid||The elevation model is updated with data from all sources. These are processed before the creation of Water Terrains. Within this step, there is no guarantee on which GeoTIFF is applied first.||Source(s)|
|WATER_BOTTOM||Grid||The elevation model is updated with data from all sources. In contrast with TERRAIN_HEIGHT, these are processed after the creation of Water Terrains, so water bottom heights can be adjusted more preferably. The application is not restrict to water terrains though, the heights from these GeoTIFFS can simply applied anywhere. Within this step, there is no guarantee on which GeoTIFF is applied first.||Source(s)|
When a Geo Plugin is created, a number of additional settings can be configured to define how the source data is to be interpreted. Note that the availability of different configuration options are related to the kind of data the Geo Plugin is configured to import.
- Layer id
- If the data source structures its data in multiple layers, select which layer should be used.
- If the data source does not define its CRS properly, or does not define a CRS at all, or has problems with a specific CRS, select which CRS to use (instead).
- Name attribute
- Select which Attribute's value should be used to name the imported features.
- Id attribute
- An Attribute which can uniquely identify features in the data source. It is often not possible to request all the features in one go, since it has a limit to the maximum amount of features returned for a query. In order to return them, a sorting attribute has to be configured in the service. However, this is not always the case, therefore it sometimes has to be configured or supplied manually. The unique identifier attribute is the best attribute to sort on. This option allows user to select this from the available attributes, or supply it manually if none can be selected.
Services will return an error message when this attribute is not correctly configured. In that case the corresponding Geo Plugin will then not be able to process the data and will report that an error occurred.
- Main article: Project Source
Each Geo Plugin must obtain its data from a source. Sources are defined as Project Sources in the Tygron Platform. For vector data, only one source can be added per individual plugin. For grid data, multiple sources can be added.
- Main article: Geo Link
A Geo Link is a separate data object that can be used by a Geo Plugin. It provides a further specification of how the data from the web source is imported, and how to remap the Attributes.
For example, in the case of a Building Geo Plugin, when a feature has the attributes of a Geo Link required for a match, the feature 's geometry is used to add the new Building to the project with the function defined in the Geo Link. In case a feature matches with multiple Geo Links, the Geo Link with the highest configured priority is selected.
Geo Links are not required for a Geo Plugin to successfully import data. If no Geo Link is defined, no filtering or remapping of Attributes will occur.
- When mapping Attributes, and importing a feature which has an Attribute targeted by the mapping, the imported Item will have only the mapped Attribute with the original Attribute's value, and not the original Attribute. Attributes which are not mapped are included with the Item as is.
- When a Geo Plugin uses multiple sources for grid data, only locations with NO_DATA values can be further enriched by following sources. Locations where the value is 0 will not be overwritten, as 0 can be a valid value.