Ground water (Water Overlay)
|GROUND_WATER||nominal value||Whether and how water in the underground is simulated during the calculation.|
There are a few modes available for the Water Module, dictating how to handle groundwater:
- None. No infiltration, no groundwater flow, no underground evaporation.
- Complete Full groundwater simulation, including infiltration, flow, and evaporation
- Infiltration only Water can Infiltrate into the unsaturated zone only, but no further underground flow or underground evaporation is simulated. The unsaturated zone is simulated to have infinite capacity.
- 0: None
- 1: Complete (selected by default for the groundwater overlay)
- 2: Infiltration only (selected by default for the flooding and rainfall overlay)
- Groundwater Overlays have the underground model active by default. The other Water Overlay variants have the underground model set to infiltration only. This is a recommended setting, trading in an imperceptable amount of accuracy for a more performant calculation setup.
- This setting does not affect water flowing in- and out of the sewer.