Limit rain (Water Overlay)
|LIMIT_AREA||nominal value||Whether and how calculations in the simulation should be limited to specific locations of the 3D world.|
There are a few modes available for the Water Module, dictating where calculations are to be performed:
- Entire map. Calculations are performed across the entire map. Water can flow anywhere.
- Limit to Water Level Areas Calculations are only performed in the locations where water level areas are present.
- Limit to specific Areas Calculations are only performed in the locations where limitation areas are present.
- 0: Entire map
- 1: Limit to Water Level Areas
- 2: Limit to specific Areas
- Despite the attribute name's implication, this setting does not only affect the location of rainfall, but all calculations.
- When any limit is in effect, water can flow between valid locations, even if those locations are defined through different relevant features (e.g. 2 adjacent water level areas).
- In step 1 of the water overlay wizard, the to be calculated area can be selected. When chosen for the option Limit to specified areas, an extra step 2.6 in the wizard is added.