How to visualize multiple sequential breaches (Water Overlay)
When a levee breaks water is free to flow through the breach and onto otherwise dry land. Situations with multiple breaches occurring in rapid succession can be all the more dangerous or impactful.
The use-case can be implemented/completed through the following steps.
How to visualize multiple, sequential breaches:
- Add a Flooding Overlay.
- Configure the Overlay with a basic hydrological system.
- Add a Result type of type 'Surface last value' to the Overlay (if the result type is not present yet).
- Add one or more breaches to the project. The type of breach will depend on whether the water flows from inside the project area or not in your use case.
- For each breach, configure a dynamic breach height.
- Ensure the Overlay is (re)calculated.
- Inspect the 'Surface last value' result.
- Select the 'play' option in the Overlay's legend. The animation will show the flow of the water from the breach.
- How to add a breach with external area manually
- How to import a breach with external area
- How to add a breach with input area manually
- How to import a breach with input area