Visualize levee breach from water body inside project area use case (Water Overlay)
When a levee breaks water is free to flow through the breach and onto otherwise dry land. There are multiple ways of simulating a breach in a levee.
This scenario assumes the water body from which water will flow through the levee is located in the project area in its entirety.
The use-case can be implemented/completed through the following steps.
How to visualize a breach:
- Add a Flooding Overlay.
- Configure the Overlay with a basic hydrological system.
- Add a Result type of type 'Surface last value' to the Overlay (if the result type was not yet present).
- Either manually add a breach and input area to the project, or import a breach and input area.
- Ensure the Overlay is (re)calculated.
- Inspect the 'Surface last value' result.
- Select the 'play' option in the Overlay's legend. The animation will show the flow of the water from the breach.
Multiple breaches can be added to the same project, by repeating the step for adding breaches to the project.