The Tygron Platform has special facility to include, visualize, modify, and use traffic data. Constructions have Function Values, can be updated in a variety of ways, and built-in Traffic Overlays use this data directly to perform spatial calculations. The entirety of all traffic data in a Project, and the rules dictating how traffic data changes through Actions taken in a Session, are collectively referred to as the Tygron Platform's traffic model.
The Tygron Platform uses the following data sources to initialize yearly averaged traffic intensities:
- BGT or Top10NL: A feature service which contains road features as polygons, sometimes with additional information on the amount of lanes.
- NWB (Nationaal Wegen Bestand): A WFS which contains road features, as lines, with NWB IDs, names and traffic direction information.
- INWEVA 2015, NWB (Nationaal Wegen Bestand): A csv file with yearly averaged, hourly traffic intensities for roads with NWB ids.
- NSL Monitoring tool: A WFS service with yearly averaged daily traffic intensities, known for roads where traffic intensities are measured.
- Infomil: Estimated traffic intensities for roads which do not have known traffic intensities. Estimations are done based on the maximum traffic speed allowed on that type of road, the urban degree of the location of the road, number of lanes, traffic direction (one way or not) and if there are nearby parking lots and cycling lanes. These combinations are taken from the Excel vi-lucht_geluid_v4.xls.
- Main article: Function Value#Traffic
Function Values related to traffic describe, for each road:
- Road-traffic intensities (such as buses, cars, trucks, and vans)
- Traffic intensities other that road-traffic (such as airplanes, bicycles, pedestrians, and ships)
- Speed limits and amount of lanes
- Jam factors for road-traffic
- Main article: Prequels (Traffic Overlay)
Other than traffic intensity values linked to specific Constructions in the 3D World, it is entirely permitted to store traffic data in other forms as well. Some of the Tygron Platform's built-in calculation models can make use of Prequels as their inputs.
Dynamic traffic data
Traffic data can also be computed dynamically, either completely based on the current state of the Project, or relatively, basing new traffic values on a set of original traffic values, and computing a change in traffic based on changes in the 3D World.
- Main article: Traffic Overlay
Traffic data can be relevant for a wide range of calculations and use-cases. The Tygron Platform already contains several Traffic Overlays which compute the effects of traffic, on for example the topics of noise and NO2.
Traffic data, like any other Project data, can also be used in user-defined calculation models.
- Main article: Traffic visualization
Traffic data is also visualized in the 3D World, based directly on the data present in the Project. Based on that data, Units are visualized on road Constructions. Although derived from data, visualized traffic is not data in and of itself, and is included for verisimilitude only.