How to select a Web Map Service for a WMS Overlay
It's possible to add output from a WMS to a Project via a WMS Overlay. This requires defining a connection to the WMS as a Project Source, and then referencing that WMS's Project Source with the WMS Overlay.
How to connect a WMS to a WMS Overlay:
- If it does not yet exist, add a WMS Overlay to the Project.
- In the left panel, select the intended WMS Overlay.
- In the right panel, find the entry "Source", and click on "Select". The Source Selection window will open.
- If the desired WMS does not yet have a defined Project Source, click on "Add Sources" to create a new Project Source in a new window.
- In the Source Selection window, select the Project Source which relates to the intended WMS, and click on "OK". The Source Selection window will close.
- In the right panel, find the entry "Layer Id", and click on "Select". Use the popup to select the layer which needs to be used by this WMS Overlay.
- Select the intended Result Type. This can be any of the RGBA bands, or the color dictated by their combination.
- The WMS Overlay's configuration wizard guides a user through the same steps.
- A Project Source can also be created in the WMS Overlay's configuration wizard.