How to generate a sewer
- Open the configuration wizard of the Water Overlay.
- Continue to the step concerning sewer areas
- Select the 'generate' option.
- Set the maximum urbanization factor. Every neighborhood with a lower or equal urbanization factor will get a sewer area. If you want sewer areas in every neighborhood, set this value as high as possible.
- Set the desired amount of storage for the sewer areas.
- Set the desired pump capacity for the sewer areas. Note that in contrast to the resulting attribute, the unit here is in mm/hour.
- If you have your own dataset for Sewer Overflows, or if you don't want water to flow back from the sewer onto the surface water, deactivate the option for generating Sewer Overflows.
- Select 'Next' to start the generation process.
- Close the configuration wizard.
Sewers are composed of sewer areas, and constructions with a SEWERED attribute. So even though an entire neighborhood may be covered by a sewer area, the sewer is only considered "present" under the constructions which are connected to the sewer.
When a neighborhood does not have an URBANIZATION attribute, the value is considered to be 0, which is lower than any selectable urbanization factor in the sewer generation step. This means the neighborhood is always given a sewer area when generating.
When automatically generating sewer overflows, the generated sewer overflow will be placed on the intersection of the sewer area, an overlapping water area, and a water terrain. If no water area or no water terrain intersects with the sewer area, no sewer overflow is generated.