How to load in dynamic evaporation rate (Water Overlay)
Editor → Current Situation (Ribbon tab) → Overlays (Ribbon bar) → The Water Overlay (Left panel) → Configuration Wizard (Right panel)
How to load in dynamic rain and simulation time:
- Prepare a CSV file with a sequence of times and rain amounts. (See example below.)
- Open the configuration wizard of the Water Overlay.
- Continue to the step concerning weathers.
- Select the weather event you wish to update, or select "Add" to create a new one.
- Set the "Evaporation over Time" setting to "Custom".
- Select "Import". This will open the "Import CSV" window.
- Select "Import new CSV", and open your file.
- Answer the prompts regarding the format of your file.
- Verify that the data has been loaded in as expected. Take special note of the time format.
- Close the "Import CSV" window.
- Close the wizard.
A CSV file may look as follows:
3600,0.024 7200,0 9000,0.024 108000,0.048
Loading in this file, using seconds as the time unit, would lead to the following sequence of events:
- During the first hour of simulation (3600 seconds), the evaporation rate is 24mm per day, or 1mm for 1 hour
- Between the first and the second hour of the simulation, no evaporation occurs
- During the next half hour, the evaporation is the same as during the first first hour (24mm per day, or 0.5mm during half an hour)
- During the last half hour, the evaporation rate doubles compared to the previous half hour (48mm per day, which equals 2mm per hour or 1mm during half an hour)
- After 3 hours, the evaporation rate does not change anymore.