After reading this page:
- you've learned about the Permission Types in the Tygron Platform.
- you've learned which permissions are available for each permission type.
- you've learned what the effects of different permission settings are.
- you've learned about the Read Only special setting .
All projects have permission that determine which Users are allowed to see or edit the project.
Only the owner can change these permissions via the editor menu File->Permissions.
The permission system has three main types:
The owner is the user that originally created the project or has been made owner of the project by the administrator.
The owner permission can be set to:
- READ: The owner can play and load the project in the editor, though not save it. (save as can be used instead)
- WRITE: The owner can now also save the project in the editor. This is the DEFAULT setting for new Projects.
Other users in domain
The domain setting allows other user in the same Domain to interact with the project.
The domain permission can be set to:
- NONE: Other user in the owners domain are not allowed to play, edit or save the project. This is the DEFAULT setting for new Projects.
- READ: Other user can play and load the project in the editor, though not save it. (save as can be used instead)
- WRITE: Other users can also save the project in the editor.
This setting allows Tygron support read or write access to a project, after a support request has been made.
The Tygron Support permission can be set to:
- NONE: Tygron Support access Disabled. This is the DEFAULT setting for new Projects, to protect proprietary data and designs.
- READ: Tygron Support can access (view) the project, though Tygron Support cannot save (change) the project.
- WRITE: Tygron Support can access (view) and save (change) the project.
When all of the above settings are set to READ or NONE the project is marked as read only. Now mulitple user can view it in the editor and it can be used as a template project if set so by the Domain administrator.