How to use the Water Connection Generator with advanced options to generate Constructions
Although the defaults provided for the configuration of the Water Connection Generator will produce acceptable and reasonable results in most situations, by varying the available advanced options it's possible to fine-tune how and when Constructions are generated.
How to use the Water Connection Generator to generate Constructions:
- In the "function" dropdown, select the Function for the Constructions which you want to generate.
- In the "applied to" dropdown, select whether to generate Constructions on the entire map, only near the current viewpoint, or in a specific Neighborhood.
- For the minimum length, enter the minimum distance between two waterbodies before a Constructions is generated to connect them.
- For the maximum length, enter the maximum distance allowed between two waterbodies for generating a Construction between them.
- For the large road threshold, enter the surface area a road must have to be considered "too large" to generate a Construction under it.
- For the large road straight, enter the minimum length a waterway must be perpendicular to a road to allow a Construction to be generated under the road.
- For the maximum height difference, enter the maximum difference in terrain height allowed to generate a Construction across.
- For ignore upstream, set the distance which should be considered so far upstream that the generation of multiple Constructions can be ignored.
- For the width, enter the width the generated Construction's polygon should have, as well as the width to use in calculation models such as the Water Overlay.
- If water bodies such as lakes and ponds should have connections generated for them as well (rather than just waterways), select "include water bodies".
- Select "OK" to generate the Constructions.
- For all advanced options, if any options does not seem significant for the use-case at hand, it's probably fine to leave it at its default value.
- Generated Constructions will have their respective width Attribute set to the value configured. However, this will only be applied on those Functions which have a width-like Attribute associated with them, used in calculation models. For example, a Culvert has a CULVERT_DIAMETER Attribute to set.