How to create a Geo Plugin to import Areas from the Geo Share
A common occurence with Project Templates is that additional data is required in order to make their calculations function properly. This data can range from relevant subdivisions for individual calculations, to water level areas, to complete and unique datasets. To minimize the effort required to create new projects which rely on additional data, a Geo Plugin can be set up to automatically import that data into new projects.
How to set up a Geo Plugin to import Areas from the Geo Share:
- Ensure a GeoJSON file exists on the Geo Share.
- Ensure a Project Source exists for a GeoJSON datatype, with the desired GeoJSON as its source.
- Open the overview for Geo Plugins.
- At the bottom of the left panel, select the AREAS type and select "Add".
- Select the newly created Geo Plugin.
- In the right panel, click on the source's "Select", and select the Project Source which relates to the desired GeoJSON.
- For the layer, input any term.
- If the original data contains an Attribute the value of which should be used as the names of the resulting Areas, enter the Attribute's name in the "Name Attribute" field.
- Switch to the "GeoLinks" tab, and select "Add" at the bottom to add a GeoLink.