Network Distance Overlay
For each Grid cell, the depth of the Net line is compared to the presence of underground Constructions, and Constructions which are present in the underground. If a conflict is possible in a specific cell, the computed value for that cell is the smallest distance between any Net line and any Construction.
Net lines are checked for distance against both Constructions above ground and Constructions below ground. This is done based on the Function Values the Construction has. The following details determine the extent of the Construction in the underground for testing distance:
- The height offset of Constructions. This dictates the base of the Construction.
- The basement depth and the root depth of Constructions added together. This makes the Construction deeper than its base.
- The floor height of Constructions, multiplied by its amount of floors. In case the construction belongs to the underground category, the floors extend downwards below the surface.
- Net lines are not checked against the presence of other Net lines in the same cell.
- A Construction's slating roof heights currently does not contribute to the height of the Construction for the calculation of this Overlay.
- Net lines do not need to be explicitly active to be tested.
- This model does not yet work well for netlines with diameters larger than the grid size.